Friday, June 11, 2010

Weak Moments



Have you ever been talked into doing something totally irrational by your kid?

Like making strawberry cake for breakfast?

No, not eating leftover cake for breakfast. Rather, baking a cake from scratch to serve as the first meal of the day. With frosting. And candles.

Before I had kids, I would have found this to be completely unacceptable. That was back when I knew precisely how to parent.

Now that I have kids, I know nothing about parenting and am making strawberry cake for breakfast. Does it matter that it was whole wheat? OK, I am not going to try to justify what I've done.

In the words of my husband, "Did you really agree to this."

In the words of yours truly, "Absolutely not. I mean not really. Well. Maybe. Maybe I said maybe. I can't remember. I really don't recall. Aren't you going to have some?"

No comments:


Click here to join